https://zactutor.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/logo-300x75.png 0 0 developer https://zactutor.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/logo-300x75.png developer2022-05-24 22:52:102022-05-24 22:52:10A Power Plant Ihas A Capacity Of 232 Mw It Burns Natural Gas Using An Efficient
- A power plant ihas a capacity of 232 MW. It burns natural gas using an efficient “combined cycle” with net efficiency of 58%.
- A combined cycle involves two different cycles. What are they called, and what working fluid does each use? Which one has a higher temperature?
- When the plant is operating at capacity, how much fuel energy does it burn (kJ/s)? How much of that is then wasted as heat?
- The existing plant’s waste heat is all discharged to the air, using evaporative cooling towers to get rid of waste heat, not counting heat that escapes in the flue gas (assumed to be 10% of the original fuel energy). How much 13 °C water will it need to take from a nearby river?
- In an alternative design, waste energy from the steam cycle – which amounts to 15% of the original fuel energy – could be discharged into the river through in-line cooling. How much would that increase the temperature of the river during a period in which river flow is 6.6 m3/s?